Monday 21 January 2013

Snowed In , So Blogging Time

Well we have lots of snow here and I am stuck indoors, so thought I would do some blogging.

Over the next few days I will be posting pages from my first journal mostly using Dylusions Ink Sprays and stamps. The journal was started last September, 7 of us are going to be doing one, the first for all of us, should be interesting as most have never used spray inks before. It started as a challenge to buy a book they could use for journal-ling and cover it using metal tape.  So for today here is mine.


These are so simple to do but you must use a hardback book, just ask some of my friends :-))

Die-cut shapes and drywall tape stuck onto the book cover, then strips of metal tape, I got mine from the cheap German store rub all over to adhere to the shapes and then define the shapes with a paper stump. I rubbed it all over with a metal sponge thingy, the holey sort you use to clean saucepans, not that I would ever do such a thing. This takes the glare away from the tape and gives it an aged look.Its not quite finished as I need to rub paint into it, but thats for another post.

Anyway, happy crafting and keep warm.xxx

1 comment:

  1. Aha my questions on the forum have been answered :)
    Thanks Anne and love that cover, absolutely fabulous.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete