I decided on black and white again !!!! and used the tea shoppe stamp set for most of the stamping
Saturday, 16 February 2013
Friday, 15 February 2013
Friday, 8 February 2013
Here is my February tag, its been drying nicely overnight,
The only thing I had on Tim's list for this one was the fired brick distress stains.
The card is a stamp from Eileen,a member of http://www.cardmakingparadise.com/ the arrows hand drawn, and coloured with dylusions ink, the twine is crochet cotton marked with a black marker, and the XoXoXo is metal tape, painted black and then sanded off, the oval is just red card and a silver zylon pen has no dome just chrystal effects.
This one I like and am pleased with the outcome.
Happy Crafting xxx
Thursday, 7 February 2013
As you will see mine is just a bit different, well a lot really . mine is more green, didn't have any filmstrip so drew it on, no male hand so used a ladies and cross hatched it to try and man it up a bit and no nuts and bolts (in the garage and too many spiders, and hubby away) so used metal word embellishments.
The February one is drying as we speak so will post later.
Have a great day. xxx
Saturday, 2 February 2013
Well all the nasty white stuff has gone and finally had a class this week. In fact it was 2 rolled into one, the first was to show how to use a A6 frame embossing folder different ways, first 3, Standard and sponged edges to highlight, next just using 2 strips, and then elongating it, as in the zebra photo,the frame in this one is about 7" long
Also making it into a 4" square and narrowing it at the sides, these cards are quite basic but we were concentrating on using the one folder
With all the new dies and gadgets, inks and micas about nowadays, we sometimes forget about the old techniques which a lot of new crafters have never seen, so for this weeks class I have gone back a bit We did the good old fashioned embossed resist, I still love the effect of this technique, here you go using different leaf stamps, versamark, clear embossing powder and sponged ink, lovely result
The other one as to do partial embossing on your embossing machine,stamped in the "gap" and chalked the embossing, the butterfly is made from a stamped and punched out flower.
Tuesday, 29 January 2013
Well here we are end of January, where has the time gone, anyway after the quiet weekend I have finished another page in my journal, this one I dislike a lot not what I was after at all, but its done and I refuse to rip out pages or cover with designer paper, thats the fun of it, just play and see what you get, the orange background is done with arylic paint , I like that bit and texture paint through the meadow stencil, this is the nasty bit, but once on I couldn't cover so stamped the flowers onto tissue paper, coloured with promarkers acut out and glued over the top to try and hide my mess. A bit more leaf stamping and that will have to do. So a little promise. I promise to show all my pages good and "bad" ( nothing is bad, just not quite what you wanted), this little bit is aimed at my ladies who are always saying " its alright for you , you don't make mistakes" Yes I do, I just carry on playing until it will do. :-))...... Happy Crafting.